Irrigation/Lighting Service Department Account Manager
Generates new business from existing clients. Handles strategic partner and VIP client inquiries, maintenance and enhancements for irrigation and/or lighting. Inspects & directs quality control and service for assigned accounts. Delivers 95%+ renewal of managed account. Responsible for 100% customer satisfaction. Responsible for the design, estimate, sales, oversight of execution and profitability of all improvements/enhancements.
Service Department Manager
Sales Goal (includes maintenance visits)
Quarterly sales goals
Maintenance agreements goal
13 per quarter, no carryovers
Salary depends on experience with quarterly bonuses attached to revenue and profit of managed jobs/services
• Respond to clients and strategic partners within 24 hours, Monday through Friday
• Visit recently completed projects and sell maintenance
• Meet with clients to determine needs and concerns. Proactively identify enhancement opportunities. Occasional night visits with clients to discuss work completed and enhancement opportunities.
• Reach out to existing clients with and without maintenance agreements. Meet them, discuss issues, fix issues, report back where we can improve, sell enhancements, sell maintenance.
• Promote other services provided by OI (electrical, irrigation, lighting)
• Support technicians on maintenance visits as a surprise visit and/or as needed.
• Design lighting and irrigation improvements/enhancements, provide accurate labor and material cost estimates & price to return a 60% gross margin, deliver a proposal to the client and obtain authorization to proceed.
• Oversee and direct all quality concerns on all properties visited. Address items needing improvement coordinating with the Service Department scheduler for execution.
• Ensure 100% client satisfaction and profitability goals. Improve damaged relationships by stellar work and follow-up.
• Responsible for project management of enhancements
• Manages and works directly with Technicians to ensure timely completion of projects
Valid driver’s license. Willingness to obtain further certifications as needed.
Knowledge of low voltage wiring, outdoor lighting design, lighting fixtures, irrigation design and plant material; familiarity with tools and equipment used in the outdoor lighting and irrigation industries; have a conceptual understanding of maintenance and customer relations within the home improvement/landscape industries. Proactive in expanding customer relationships and driven to succeed. Proficient with most Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; be able to read, write and assess statistical operational reports; Good interpersonal, team building, organizational and management skills; Able to provide clear and concise communication and perform duties under pressure of short deadlines. Detail-oriented and committed to 100% customer satisfaction. Must be able to work well with others and alone.
Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs (rarely), move about the work site, communicate efficiently and effectively on the telephone, text, email and in person, and complete required internal correspondence. Occasionally standing, kneeling or bending as needed.
Include external environment dealing with all weather and terrain exposure.
• Reports to the Service Manager and Lighting Installation Manager.
• Coordinates with Procurement Manager.
• Coordinates with Outdoor Illumination customers.
• Coordinates with Strategic Partners, as applicable.